Whether you’re looking for a new car or your next contractor, nearly everyone does some sort of research online before purchasing products and services. Finding a trusted business online just got even easier with bbb.org. (Re) Discover our redesigned BBB Business Profiles, which are being launched in our area this week.
For more than a century, Better Business Bureau has been working with businesses and consumers to build an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other. BBB offers free resources and information on more than 5.3 million businesses throughout North America to help people make wise purchasing decisions and to avoid frauds and scams.
Trust matters. Each day, nearly half a million people access bbb.org to look up businesses. BBB Business Profiles may have a new name and an updated, user-friendly look, but the free information is all still there, and still easy to access. Each company’s BBB Business Profile is search-engine optimized and includes:
- Accreditation status, and the BBB Accredited Business Seal for those businesses meeting the eight BBB Standards for Trust
- The business’s BBB Rating, with a link to its unique ratings algorithm
- Overview information about the business, owner(s), contact details, products/services, length of time in business, alerts from BBB, required licensing, any advertising concerns, and any government actions
- Customer Reviews, with responses from the business if applicable
- Complaints, with details from consumers and responses from the business
- Composite “Scorecard” comprised of the BBB Rating and BBB Customer Reviews
- Links for consumers to “Request A Quote,” “File a Complaint,” or “Submit a Review”
- Pictures and videos from the business (if supplied)
- Additional links to business’s social media pages, website, email and phone numbers
BBB Business Profiles are an important resource to help consumers make wise purchasing decisions and build marketplace trust. As a nonprofit, BBB tries to report on all businesses and gives ratings when there is enough data for a company to earn a letter grade. Businesses may update their information or create a BBB Business Profile for free by contacting your BBB at oklahomacity.bbb.org.
Before you make your next purchase, (Re) Discover for yourself how easy it is to access a business you can trust by using BBB Business Profiles, available exclusively and for free at bbb.org.